SI ISO 9001: Quality management systems
Israeli Standard SI ISO 9001: Quality management systems is a Hebrew translation of International Standardization Organization ISO 9001: Quality management systems.
The standard defines the requirements of a quality management system. Compliance with the standard's requirements means that the organization can:
- Consistently provide a product that meets the customer's demands and applicable legislative requirements
- Strive to improve customer satisfaction through effective applicable of the quality management system by the organization
- Provide a response to the risks and opportunities with respect to the organization's objectives
- Implement processes for constant improvement of the system through conformity assurance to the customer's requirements and applicable legislative requirements
- Israeli Standard SI ISO 9001 is suitable for all types of organizations, irrespective of sector or size, and for all kinds of products and services. The organization must define the processes that will make it possible to comply with the customer's requirements and expectations over time.
The standard is based on seven quality principles:
Customer focus, leadership, employee engagement, process approach, evidence-based decision-making, improvement, and reciprocal relations management
The standard uses a Planning, Doing, Checking, and Acting (PDCA) cycle and general risk-based thinking to build an effective quality management system.
Many organizations require their suppliers and subcontractors to comply with ISO 9001 specifications as a condition for their engagement.
As of the end of 2017, more than one million organizations worldwide were ISO 9001 certified.
The standard belongs to the ISO 9000 standard series, which includes SI ISO 9000: Quality management, SI ISO 9001: Quality management systems — Requirements, and SI ISO 9004: Quality management — Quality of an organization — Guidance to achieve sustained success.
The standard is suitable for all types of organizations, irrespective of sector or size, and for all kinds of products and services. The organization must define the processes that will make it possible to comply with the customer's requirements and expectations over time.
The road to certification
Certification follows the successful implementation an organization's in-house quality management system pursuant to the requirements of the standard. To start this process, we recommend to purchase the standard at the Standards Institution of Israel Information Center, study the requirements, and participate in appropriate training. It is also possible to consult with the quality management experts and undergo an audit by Standards Institution of Israel to check for shortcomings.
The process ought to be seen as an opportunity for improvement via the organization team which will receive management commitment and involvement. At the end of the process, independent Standards Institution of Israel auditors will perform an audit that confirms that the organization's management system is compatible to the specifications of the standard.
The Standards Institution of Israel – the right choice for you!
- The Standards Institution of Israel has a longstanding reputation for quality and professionalism
- Our people are among the best experts in the quality assurance field, with experience and familiarity of customers' needs
- The Standards Institution of Israel is the country's largest certification body
- The Standards Institution of Israel has accreditation from ANSI National Accreditation Board (ANAB) and the Dutch Accreditation Council (RvA), two of the largest certification bodies in the world
- The Standards Institution of Israel offers a range of services under one roof: certification (individual and integrated), a range of laboratory tests, and a training center
- The Standards Institution of Israel is member of international standardization committees and has cooperation agreements with top certification bodies in the world.
- The Standards Institution of Israel is a member of IQNet Association - The International Certification Network, which incorporates certification bodies from all over the world. Standards Institution of Israel customers obtain exclusive IQNet certification for free and may also obtain mutual recognition from IQNet members as a marketing tool.
Other management systems standards
For further details