ISO 45001: Occupational Health and Safety
The International Standardization Organization (ISO) published ISO 45001: Occupational safety and health in March 2018, superseding OHSAS 18001: Occupational Health and Safety Assessment Series. The objective of the standard is to protect worker and stakeholder health and safety.
The standard provides guidance for the systematic managing of health and safety through the integration of an organization's current management systems. The standard is a series of rules and tools that the organization assumes in order to:
- Map, evaluate, and even minimize risks
- Ensure that the organization's occupational health and safety targets are realized
- Show the organization's commitment to the health and safety of its workers and visitors to the community and authorities
- Ensure compliance with legislative requirements and improve the quality of life of the organization's workers
ISO 45001 includes a series of procedures and work guidelines for ensuring that the organization's safety and hygiene management system is effective. The standard is intended to be applicable for all kinds of organizations of every size, and is adaptable to diverse geographical, cultural, and social conditions.
The road to certification
Following registration and approval of the quote, the organization shall submit a procedures file for approval and undergo a preliminary audit and certification audit. This process is separate from the Quality Management System compliance monitoring process, but, after the certification is obtained, monitoring audits may be combined with ISO 9001: Quality management system and ISO 14001: Environment management system audits.
Upgrade for SI OHSAS 18001 certified organizations
Organizations with SI OHSAS 18001 certification may continue to operate on the basis of this certification for three years, through March 2021, which was prescribed as the transition period for ISO 45001. This grace period will be used to prepare and implement the new requirements. It was possible to obtain new certification under OHSAS 18001 during the interim period until March 2019, after which new organization must prepare to comply with the new requirements of SI ISO 45001. Organizations which are not in compliance with the requirements, but are in compliance with the requirements of OHSAS 18001 will retain their certification until it expires.
The Standards Institution of Israel – the right choice for you!
- The Standards Institution of Israel has a longstanding reputation for quality and professionalism
- Our people are among the best experts in the quality assurance field, with experience and familiarity of customers' needs
- The Standards Institution of Israel is the country's largest certification body
- The Standards Institution of Israel has accreditation from the largest certification bodies in the world
- The Standards Institution of Israel offers a range of services under one roof: certification (individual and integrated), a range of laboratory tests, and a training center
- The Standards Institution of Israel is member of international standardization committees and has cooperation agreements with top certification bodies in the world.
- The Standards Institution of Israel is a member of IQNet Association - The International Certification Network, which incorporates certification bodies from all over the world. Standards Institution of Israel customers obtain exclusive IQNet certification for free and may also obtain mutual recognition from IQNet members as a marketing tool.
Other quality management standards
For further details