AS9100: Quality management systems – Requirements for Aviation, Space and Defense Organizations
Israeli and foreign aerospace (aviation, space and land, sea, and air defense) manufacturers require that their subcontractors have certification that their quality management system complies with the specific specifications of the aerospace industry. This is a contractual requirement for organization that manufacture aerospace and defense products, assemblies and components, develop hardware or software, and integrators and maintenance service providers.
AS9100: Quality management systems – Aerospace was prepared by SAE Aerospace, under the sponsorship of the International Aerospace Quality Group (IAQG), which includes some of the largest companies in the industry, such as General Electric Inc., Boeing Company, Gulfstream Aerospace Corporation, Lockheed Martin Corporation, Honeywell International Inc., MTU Aero Engines AG, Airbus SE, and Israel Aerospace Industries. AS9100 certification integrates the requirements of ISO 9001: Quality management systems and legislative and aviation requirements. Related standards have also been established for assessment, critical items, supply chain risk management, and other issues. Guidelines to support AS9100 requirements have also been distributed, including:
AS9146- Foreign Object Damage; AS5553-Prevention of Counterfeit Parts; AS9103-Key Characteristics, AS9115-S/W; AS9136-Root Cause Analysis and Problem Solving; AS9110-Repairstation, AS9102- First Article Inspection; 9134-Supply Chain Risk Management Guideline; AS 9145- Requirements for Advanced Product Quality Planning and Production Part Approval Process
Standards Institution of Israel compliance certification with AS9100: Quality management systems – Requirements for Aviation, Space and Defense Organizations demonstrates that the organization applies control, monitoring, validation, and process verification methods and provides the necessary resources to realize its commitment to the quality of products per the demands of the customer, aviation authorities, and applicable law.
Establishment of an AS9100 quality management system will enable the organization to –
- Identify and management processes, collect and analyze data with respect to the defined metrics and targets
- Comply with contractual requirements and requirements of Israeli and foreign aviation authorities, including the Civil Aviation Authority of Israel (CAAI), US Federal Aviation Authority (FAA), and the European Union Aviation Safety Agency (EASA)
- Reduces expenses for loss of material, flawed service, customer loss, etc.
- Drive ongoing processes and improvement plans, even beyond basic compliance with the requirements
- Switch to effective and efficient work processes through process validation and verification: content, production, assembly, installation, service, and administration
- Consistency across the supply chain from the material level to the finished product and service, and aircraft and avionics renovation and assemblies
- Reduce the number and scope of customer audits
- Controlled project management
Standards Institution of Israel auditors will help identify whether the organization's aerospace and defense quality management system is in compliance with the requirements and what are the points in need of improvement. AS9100 certification ensures that the organization is in compliance with the requirements of SI ISO 9001.
Standards Institution of Israel audits are performed by APMG-trained and certified auditors
Road to certification
Certification follows the successful implementation an organization's in-house aviation, space, and defense quality management system pursuant to the requirements of the standard of its food safety management procedure. To start this process, it is recommended to purchase the standard at the Standards Institution of Israel Information Center, study the requirements, and participate in appropriate training. It is also possible to consult with the aviation, space, and defense quality management experts and undergo an audit by Standards Institution of Israel to check for shortcomings.
The process ought to be seen as an opportunity for improvement via the organization team which will receive management commitment and involvement. At the end of the process, independent Standards Institution of Israel auditors will perform an audit that confirms that the organization's aviation, space, and defense management system is compatible to the specifications of the standard.
The Standards Institution of Israel – the right choice for you!
- The Standards Institution of Israel has a longstanding reputation for quality and professionalism
- Our people are among the best experts in the quality assurance field, with experience and familiarity of customers' needs
- The Standards Institution of Israel is the country's largest certification body
- The Standards Institution of Israel has accreditation from ANSI National Accreditation Board (ANAB) and the Dutch Accreditation Council (RvA), two of the largest certification bodies in the world
- The Standards Institution of Israel offers a range of services under one roof: certification (individual and integrated), a range of laboratory tests, and a training center
- The Standards Institution of Israel is member of international standardization committees and has cooperation agreements with top certification bodies in the world.
- The Standards Institution of Israel is a member of IQNet Association - The International Certification Network, which incorporates certification bodies from all over the
- world. Standards Institution of Israel customers obtain exclusive IQNet certification for free and may also obtain mutual recognition from IQNet members as a marketing tool.
Other standards in the sector
For further details