ISO 14001: 2015: Environmental management systems
Growing environmental awareness in Israel and globally by consumers, stakeholders, investors, and the authorities, and the resulting legislation requires organizations to commit and contribute to environmental protection.
Standards Institution of Israel certification pursuant to SI ISO 14001 states that the organization is taking measures to realize its commitment to the environment with respect to production, service, development, and maintenance. The certification applies to all types of organizations.
ISO 14001: 2015: Environmental management systems enables an organization to:
- Identify and management environment impact
- Identify, assess, and implement processes for treating and preventing environmental impacts
- Set environmental management targets and plans for realizing them
- Identify and test compliance with the requirements of the relevant laws, regulations, and standards
- Cut energy consumption and waste treatment expenses
- Drive improvement processes, even beyond compliance with the basic requirements
- Switch to effective and efficient work processes
- Give customers and stakeholders confidence that the organization prioritizes environmental protection
Standards Institution of Israel auditors will help identify whether the organization's environmental management system is in compliance with the specifications of the tender.
We recommend integrating the certification process with the specifications of ISO 9001: Quality management systems and OHSAS 18001; Occupational Health and Safety Assessment /SI ISO 45001: Occupational health and safety in order to create comprehensive and effective management at the organization.
The road to certification
Certification follows the successful implementation an organization's in-house environmental management system pursuant to the requirements of the standard. To start this process, it is recommended to purchase the standard at the Standards Institution of Israel Information Center, study the requirements, and participate in appropriate training. It is also possible to consult with the external environmental management experts and undergo a preliminary audit by Standards Institution of Israel to check for shortcomings.
The process ought to be seen as an opportunity for improvement via the organization team which will receive management commitment and involvement. At the end of the process, independent Standards Institution of Israel auditors will perform an audit that confirms that the organization's management system is compatible to the specifications of the standard.
The Standards Institution of Israel – the right choice for you!
- The Standards Institution of Israel has a longstanding reputation for quality and professionalism
- Our people are among the best experts in the quality assurance field, with experience and familiarity of customers' needs
- The Standards Institution of Israel is the country's largest certification body
- The Standards Institution of Israel has accreditation from ANSI National Accreditation Board (ANAB) and the Dutch Accreditation Council (RvA), two of the largest certification bodies in the world
- The Standards Institution of Israel offers a range of services under one roof: certification (individual and integrated), a range of laboratory tests, and a training center
- The Standards Institution of Israel is member of international standardization committees and has cooperation agreements with top certification bodies in the world.
- The Standards Institution of Israel is a member of IQNet Association - The International Certification Network, which incorporates certification bodies from all over the world. Standards Institution of Israel customers obtain exclusive IQNet certification for free and may also obtain mutual recognition from IQNet members as a marketing tool.
Other quality management standards
For further details