Israeli Standard SI 9301: Traffic safety and quality management system
Israeli Standard SI 9301: Traffic safety and quality management system is a special guideline for the development and implementation of an intra-organization land transportation network. The standard, developed at the request and participation of the Ministry of Transport, is further support for national efforts to raise awareness of road safety in Israel in general and at organizations in particular.
The standard's guidelines are applicable for any organization that operates or in responsible for a vehicle fleet as its primary business or to support it, and for an organization that manages procedures and drivers for transporting staff or deliver goods or services to its internal or external customers.
The standard's safety and quality procedures include elements for traffic management that comply with the specifications of SI ISO 9001: Quality management systems and SI 45001: Occupational health and safety (formerly OHSAS 18001), with amendments and supplements that comply with the requirements of Israel's traffic regulations.
The establishment and upholding of these systems and Standards Institution of Israel certification will provide a cost-effective improvement the organization's level of safety and quality of service and at a minimum of traffic safety events.
The establishment of a land transportation safety and quality management system will enable the organization to:
- Identify and manage transportation risks, collect and analyze data, and set targets for improvements
- Comply to the provisions of the relevant laws, regulations, and standards
- Raise the level of safety at the organization
- Drive processes and plans to improve the transportation safety and quality system
- Integrate the transportation safety and quality system as an integral part of the organization
- Improve the organization's predictive capability to identify the transportation safety effects on its overall management
Standards Institution of Israel auditors will help identify whether the transportation safety and quality system complies with the requirements of the standard, and will emphasis the points in need of improvement. SI 9301 certification for organizations whose primary business is land transportation and haulage ensures that it is also in compliance with the requirements of SI ISO 9001.
The road to certification
Certification follows the successful implementation an organization's in-house quality management system pursuant to the requirements of the standard. To start this process, it is recommended to purchase the standard at the Standards Institution of Israel Information Center, study the requirements, and participate in appropriate training. It is also possible to consult with the quality management experts and undergo an audit by Standards Institution of Israel to check for shortcomings.
The process ought to be seen as an opportunity for improvement via the organization team which will receive management commitment and involvement. At the end of the process, independent Standards Institution of Israel auditors will perform an audit that confirms that the organization's transportation safety and quality management system is compatible to the specifications of the standard.
The Standards Institution of Israel – the right choice for you!
- The Standards Institution of Israel has a longstanding reputation for quality and professionalism
- Our people are among the best experts in the quality assurance field, with experience and familiarity of customers' needs
- The Standards Institution of Israel is the country's largest certification body
- The Standards Institution of Israel offers a range of services under one roof: certification (individual and integrated), a range of laboratory tests, and a training center
- The Standards Institution of Israel is member of international standardization committees and has cooperation agreements with top certification bodies in the world.
- The Standards Institution of Israel is a member of IQNet Association - The International Certification Network, which incorporates certification bodies from all over the world. Standards Institution of Israel customers obtain exclusive IQNet certification for free and may also obtain mutual recognition from IQNet members as a marketing tool.
Other quality management standards
For further details