Who We Are
Since 1993, the Quality and Certification Branch at the Standards Institution of Israel has been the largest certifying body (CB) in the country, with a 70% share of Israel's certification market, mostly standards.
- The Quality and Certification Branch certifies about 30 diverse management systems, such as ISO 9001: Quality management systems, ISO 14001: Environmental management, ISO 13485: Medical devices, ISO 27001: Information security management, ISO 45001: Occupation health and safety, and AS 9100: Quality management systems - aerospace. It validates and certifies compliance in different disciplines.
- The Quality and Certification Branch has accreditation from some of the largest bodies in the world (ANSI National Accreditation Board (ANAB), Dutch Accreditation Council (RvA) for a range of standards, and is certified pursuant to the specifications of ISO 17021: Requirements for certification bodies, and the related regulations for each standard.
- The Quality and Certification Branch is the sole Israeli delegate at IQNet Association - The International Certification Network, the world's largest certification body, giving our customers a marketing edge.
- As part of the Standards Institution of Israel, the Quality and Certification Branch has continuous ties with top global certification bodies, including the International Organization for Standardization (ISO), International Accreditation Forum, Inc. (IAF), and the ISO Committee on Conformity Assessment (CASCO), so we share information received with our customers and influence decision-making at these bodies.
- The branch has auditors in a range of disciplines, who provide optimal service for the Israeli and foreign markets.
- The Quality and Certification Branch provides prestigious marks for its customers: Gold for customers certified for 3-4 different management systems; Platinum for customers certified for 5-6 management systems; and Diamond for customers certified for seven or more management systems. The branch has about 8,000 active customers, which hold some 8,500 certificates. They make no mistakes and more than 98% of them retain the branch's trust each year.
Vision, Purpose, and Values
As part of the Standards Institution of Israel, the Quality and Certification Branch will be the leading party in market share and a range of products in every discipline in which it operates, while staying innovative and making breakthroughs. It has the expertise and reputation that provide added value to its customers. The branch will operate as a profit and loss center that will expand its business over time.
Purpose and value
The skilled employees of the Quality and Certification Branch provide certification and other services through:
- Customer orientation – understanding and meeting customer needs and expectations
- Providing unbiased, objective service to everyone on the basis of objective professional decisions
- Ethical management, cooperation, and reciprocal responsibility are the principles underpinning team spirit, integrity, honesty, openness, transparency, attentiveness, respect for feelings, understanding the needs between all employees and between them and management, and loyalty to the workplace
- Constant employee improvement, innovation, and excellence are the internal drive for expanding knowledge, providing certification services for new products, and improving internal processes and performance
- Keeping the knowledge and intellectual property of the branch's customers confidential
- Responsibility and obligation for the branch's success and created value for customers and other stakeholders
SII-QCD focus on meeting customer satisfaction by and committed to:
- Customer focus is in the center of our activities, give added value to our customers
- Provide services to all, without bias, on time and with the best quality by professional employees.
- Keep a continual improvement of our processes
- Innovation and accountability to our activities with all interested parties
- Meeting regulatory and statuary requirements, including accreditation requirements and rules.
- Ensure maintaining information confidentiality
- Maintain strict professional and personal ethical rules
- SII/QCD shall take action to respond to any threats to its impartiality arising from the actions of other persons, bodies or organizations.
- SII/QCD shall not certify another certification body for its quality management system.
- SII/QCD shall not offer or provide management system consultancy.
- SII/QCD shall not offer or provide internal audits to its certified clients.
- SII/QCD shall not outsource audits to a management system consultancy organization.
- SII/QCD activities shall not be marketed or offered as linked with the activities of an organization that provides management system consultancy.
- SII/QCD personnel, either internal or external, or committees, who could influence the certification activities, shall act impartially and shall not allow commercial, financial or other pressures to compromise impartiality