ISO/IEC 27017 Implementation Guide
The implementation guide for ISO/IEC 27017: Information technology — Security techniques — Code of practice for information security controls based on ISO/IEC 27002 for cloud services
A growing number of organizations are based on cloud computing services, either as service providers, such as software houses that offer their products as Software as a Service (SaaS), or as customers.
ISO/IEC 27017 is divided into two parts, one for service providers and the other for customers. It includes :
- An explanation of the concepts and relevant players
- An explanation on implementation of the requirements of ISO/IEC 27017 in the cloud (either public or private)
- Annex A, which includes an explanation on additional controls
The standard is another and supplementary support – not a replacement – for ISO/IEC 27001: Information Security Management
Standards Institution of Israel auditors will help the organization check that its information security system is in compliance with privacy protection in the cloud, what are the points that need improvement, and issue ISO/IEC 27017 certification.
When the process below is completed, the organization will receive certification that is in addition to the SI ISO 27001 certification in its possession.
The Standards Institution of Israel – the right choice for you!
- The Standards Institution of Israel has a longstanding reputation for quality and professionalism
- Our people are among the best experts in the quality assurance field, with experience and familiarity of customers' needs
- The Standards Institution of Israel is the country's largest certification body
- The Standards Institution of Israel has accreditation from the largest certification bodies in the world
- The Standards Institution of Israel offers a range of services under one roof: certification (individual and integrated), a range of laboratory tests, and a training center
- The Standards Institution of Israel is member of international standardization committees and has cooperation agreements with top certification bodies in the world.
- The Standards Institution of Israel is a member of IQNet Association - The International Certification Network, which incorporates certification bodies from all over the world. Standards Institution of Israel customers obtain exclusive IQNet certification for free and may also obtain mutual recognition from IQNet members as a marketing tool.
Other quality management standards