Israeli Standard - ISO 22716:2007: Cosmetics — Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) — Guidelines on Good Manufacturing Practices
ISO 22716:2007: Cosmetics — Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) is a system of certification that is focused on the prevention of risk by analyzing internal processes on the production lines and in the support systems. Implementation of the standard reduces the possibility that products will be damaged during the manufacturing and packaging process.
Today, the world's cosmetics manufacturers are aware of the damage that is liable to be caused to customers from products that are manufactured in unsuitable conditions. Implementation of good manufacturing processes ensures that the enterprise is doing its best to mitigate the risk that people might be harmed from the products it provides.
ISO 22716 is the international standard, which will be adopted by the European Commission cosmetics directive and regulation. The standard is the measure of the enterprise's level of preparedness for the manufacture and supply of cosmetics products and toiletries that are safe for use by the end-user.
ISO 22716 includes detailed specifications for the training of skilled personnel, and for infrastructures and control of personnel and equipment, raw materials, packaging, manufacturing processes and finished products, laboratories, and so forth. The standard also includes specifications for quality management systems over subcontractors, the handling of customer complaints, and product recalls.
ISO 22716 certification is suited for any enterprise seeking to improve management of good manufacturing processes to ensure the safety of its products for customers. The ISO 22716 certification process is also recommended for enterprise's quality management systems, pursuant to the specifications of Israeli Standard ISO 9001: Quality Management Systems for holistic and effective production management by the enterprise.
Advantages of GMP
- Compliance with the requirements of the law and relevant regulations
- Switch to effective and efficient work processes
- Assurance of customers and stakeholders that the enterprise places good manufacturing processes as a priority
- Driving improvement processes beyond basic compliance with the requirements
- Reduction of expenses from loss of materials and recalls
- Assurance that the personnel and infrastructures conform to the production requirements
Standards Institution of Israel auditors help organizations operate pursuant to the requirements of the standard and verify the organization's good manufacturing processes conform with the requirements. If necessary, the auditors also offer points for improvement.
The road to certification
Certification follows the successful implementation an organization's in-house quality management system pursuant to the requirements of the standard. To start this process, it is recommended to purchase the standard at the Standards Institution of Israel Information Center, study the requirements, and participate in appropriate training. It is also possible to consult with the quality management consultants and experts and undergo a preliminary audit by Standards Institution of Israel to check for shortcomings.
The process ought to be seen as an opportunity for improvement via the organization team which will receive management commitment and involvement. At the end of the process, independent Standards Institution of Israel auditors will perform an audit that confirms that the organization's quality management system is compatible to the specifications of the standard.
The Standards Institution of Israel – the right choice for you!
- The Standards Institution of Israel has a longstanding reputation for quality and professionalism
- Our people are among the best experts in the quality assurance field, with experience and familiarity of customers' needs
- The Standards Institution of Israel is the country's largest certification body
- The Standards Institution of Israel has accreditation from the largest certification bodies in the world
- The Standards Institution of Israel offers a range of services under one roof: certification (individual and integrated), a range of laboratory tests, and a training center
- The Standards Institution of Israel is member of international standardization committees and has cooperation agreements with top certification bodies in the world.
- The Standards Institution of Israel is a member of IQNet Association - The International Certification Network, which incorporates certification bodies from all over the world. Standards Institution of Israel customers obtain exclusive IQNet certification for free and may also obtain mutual recognition from IQNet members as a marketing tool.
For further details