SI ISO 22000: Food safety management
Today, consumers are aware of the possible harm they face from eating unsafe food. Implementation of a foods safety system ensure that the organization is doing everything it can to reduce the risk that people will be harmed by its products.
Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) is an advanced risk prevention system to prevent unsafe products from reaching the market.
SI ISO 22000 includes the HACCP requirements and new requirements, such as defining a prerequisite program (PRP). the certification is applicable for any organization seeking to improve the safety of the food it produces.
The British Retail Consortium (BRC) Global Standard for Food Safety covers the management of packing houses, food enterprises, and consumer products. The standard has been adopted by tier-1 European retailers and is the benchmark for an organization's readiness to produce and supply food products, food packaging materials, and consumer products (toys, textiles, and hygiene products) that are safe to use by the end consumer. Food producers, packaging houses, and consumer goods manufacturers must adopt the quality management and implement HACCP.
We recommend integrating the certification process with the requirements of SI ISO 9001: Quality management systems to create holistic and effective management for the organization.
Foundation Food Safety System Certification (FSSC) – go to the IQNet Association site
A food safety management system will enable an organization to:
- Identify and manage food safety risks
- Define handling and preventative processes consistently and systematically
- Comply with the requirements of the relevant laws and regulations
- Reduce expenses from the loss of material and recalls
- Drive improvement processes, even beyond basic compliance with the requirements
- Switch to effective and efficient work processes
- Win consumer and stakeholder confidence that the organization prioritizes food safety
Standards Institution of Israel auditors will help you verify whether the organization's food safety system conforms to the requirements and what are the points for improvement needed at different levels.
The road to certification
Certification follows the successful implementation an organization's in-house quality management system pursuant to the requirements of the standard of its food safety management procedure. To start this process, it is recommended to purchase the standard at the Standards Institution of Israel Information Center, study the requirements, and participate in appropriate training. It is also possible to consult with the quality management experts and undergo an audit by Standards Institution of Israel to check for shortcomings.
The process ought to be seen as an opportunity for improvement via the organization team which will receive management commitment and involvement. At the end of the process, independent Standards Institution of Israel auditors will perform an audit that confirms that the organization's food safety management system is compatible to the specifications of the standard.
The Standards Institution of Israel – the right choice for you!
- The Standards Institution of Israel has a longstanding reputation for quality and professionalism
- Our people are among the best experts in the quality assurance field, with experience and familiarity of customers' needs
- The Standards Institution of Israel is the country's largest certification body
- The Standards Institution of Israel has accreditation from the largest certification bodies in the world
- The Standards Institution of Israel offers a range of services under one roof: certification (individual and integrated), a range of laboratory tests, and a training center
- The Standards Institution of Israel is member of international standardization committees and has cooperation agreements with top certification bodies in the world.
- The Standards Institution of Israel is a member of IQNet Association - The International Certification Network, which incorporates certification bodies from all over the world. Standards Institution of Israel customers obtain exclusive IQNet certification for free and may also obtain mutual recognition from IQNet members as a marketing tool.
Other food safety standards