The Branch deals with compliance tests to Standards in several fields:
- Various types of lifts and lifting devices.
- Pressure equipment, strength of materials testing and metallurgical tests.
- Tests of sport facilities.
Fields of activity / products tested pressure vessels and strength of materials:
- Pressure vessels: steam boilers, liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) accumulators and cylinders, LPG containers and fire extinguishers.
- Steel cables
- Ribbed and rolled steel bars
- Various profiles
- Storage means
- Welded and nonwelded models
- Sea transport containers
- Safes and treasure rooms – Locking means and protection means against burglary
- Children’s carriages, seats for the invalid and others
- Glass containers for food products
- Glass panels
- Amusement installations
- Helmets for various uses
- Posts for road lighting
- Grinding wheels
- Protection systems at the entrance to residential apartments
- Fire doors
- Failure analyses in the pressure equipment field
Fields of activity / products tested – lifts and lifting devices:
- Test of all types of lifts: new lifts, old lifts, lifts after overhaul, electric lifts, service lifts, cargo lifts, hydraulic lifts, lifts for the invalid
- Design test of the lift structure and its parts
- Failure analyses in the field of lifts, lifting devices and mechanical systems
- Various lifting accessories
- Parts of cranes
- Hanging scaffolding
- Car lifts in garages
- Sport installations – various basketball installations, partitions in the halls, testing of sport halls after installation of equipment.
Michael Swissa, Branch Head
Tel: 03-6465030/148; Fax: 03-6465178